Monday, October 6, 2008

That's Not Beer in That Cooler!

Conversation overheard in the wee hours of the morning on Broad Street last night:
Did you remember to pee in the jug? Yes. You didn't drink anything did you? NO.
No, that conversation did not occur at a house containing 80-year-olds but rather a late 20's wife and mid 30's husband. And let me just tell you, 24 hour urine collection and after midnight fasting does not a happy Doug make. Though it's not like it slowed him down much. He just toted his cooler into the woods with him to hang deer stands. That's right, Doug, make sure those priorities are in order.

It's pretty amusing that our trips to the doc in Tupelo are the closest thing to a date we've had in a long time. Ok, not amusing, P-A-T-H-E-T-I-C. But we did enjoy our post doc visit to IHOP. I'm sending in my recommendation to them for a slight change in slogan. Instead of "Come Hungry. Leave Happy" it should either be "Come Hungry, Leave Hurling" from too much food or "Come Hungry, Leave Your Wallet." That bill was way too high for breakfast! Oh well, E and I will eat the leftovers for supper tonight. But then I might get interrogated about where I went today. He's already suspicious.

No comments: