Monday, October 20, 2008

Sleep Time Revelations

So Friday began the great mattress hunt. Most of Saturday was devoted to it as well. Finally, Mom and I prevailed and brought home the new mattress set for Elliott's big boy bed. Then we went to Wal-Mart and bought all that other stuff like a mattress pad, body pillow, rail, etc. Then Erica and I hilariously put the rail together Saturday night. Do I know how to show my guests a good time or what?

So Saturday night Elliott and I climb into the new bed. Spanish lullabies playing, comfy bedding, stuffed animals, and then a whimper, "I want in you bed." But I talked him down, and he and I slept very well in the new bed. All night. Doug slept alone in the big bed. The next morning he was like, I thought you were going to leave him. Uh, cue excuses. Then comes Sunday night, and we let Elliott choose who he wanted to lay down with him. Daddy won the lottery. So here I go to the big bed alone. And it's cold without the 2 human heaters! Priss and I had to add a second comforter. So I'm watching my beloved HGTV, and I cannot go to sleep. It's like the hotel all over again. So about midnight Doug comes and gets in the bed. And I'm all like, what are you doing? And he's all like, "I thought the point was to get him to sleep and then sleep in our bed." Turns out, MAMI IS PART OF THE PROBLEM. I miss him being in the bed. Even not having enough room. Well, he fixed the issue for me. One hour after Doug left him, he woke up crying. And when I went in there to crawl in the bed with him, he pitifully and accusatorily said, "Daddy leave! DADDY LEAVE!" Like, how dare he leave me in my bed!

I bet I know who's going to win the coin toss of favor tonight!

No comments: