Thursday, October 30, 2008

Mornings Suck

Hmm, how many times have I blogged about how horrible our weekday morning routine is? I don't know, and I don't care. This is my therapy. Spewing out the demons of the morning is quite possibly the only thing keeping me from having to get on mood calming drugs.

So, no, not every weekday morning is awful. I might get one really good morning maybe every 2-3 weeks. A morning where he turns off the TV the first time I ask him and without any crying, he walks out of the door not crying, and he doesn't hang on for dear life to me when I try to leave at daycare. Aw, those are good mornings. But then there are mornings like today. Mornings when I explain there is no time for an egg and a whole Jimmy because of choices he has made. Crying fits, manipulation, spankings, geeeeeeez. It gets really old. And Daddy NEVER has to deal with it. Not fair. This morning I told Doug via phone that I was going to hire someone to come get him ready in the mornings and take him to school. Yeah right. First of all, the credit card companies heard me and started yelling a reminder about how I have no extra money. Then I realized there wouldn't be anyone willing to take on the challenge.

The high point of the morning, BEFORE the crazy set in, was when he was telling me that yesterday (Dalton's) Duh brought cupcakes to "caycare." Side note: ELLIOTT IS SHARING, WITHOUT PROMPTING, DETAILS OF HIS DAYCARE LIFE!!!! Praise God, he is getting better! And he was trying to tell me what was on the cupcakes. And when on the FOURTH attempt I finally understood that the cupcakes had spider rings on them, he looked at me like, "Geez, I have the most dimwitted mother on the planet."

No comments: