Thursday, October 2, 2008

I'm So Dizzy My Head is Spinning

When you read this title, make sure you sing it like the retro song. You should know which one I'm talking about, unless your parents were not former hippies like mine. Well, my dad was anyway.

My amazing grandmother raised eight children. EIGHT. And through the years when I'd say, "Gram, how did you do it??!" she would always give me that certain Grandma look that only someone who has seen it knows. Part smile, part bewilderment, part shrug, part lit up eyes. And somewhere in this story I usually get told about how the nuns always said how well behaved the children were. And then Grandma says, "I guess it was better that they behaved well outside the house." As of this afternoon, I 100% understand this sentiment.

When Doug picked up Elliott today, his teacher said, "Elliott did not want to mind today. This is very unlike him. He usually minds." Ok, yay for all days between end of adjustment period (I feel as if the world's longest footnote should be inserted here) and this afternoon. BOO as of this afternoon. I actually had to say to him over the phone, "As your punishment, you will not be allowed to watch Jimmy today. You have to mind at daycare...and at home." Little bit of hopefulness there.

And to think I spent a large part of my day worrying about his sleep habits and how I was going to get him transitioned into his bed. CURVE BALL. Cue dizzyness. The album cover for that song pretty much visualizes my brain right now. And now I have thrown down the challenge for anyone interested to go out and find that image.

No comments: