Friday, October 3, 2008

Elliott's Current Thoughts on Expanding the Family

I'm not sure what combination of food, lesson and play was on the agenda yesterday at daycare, but I would like to kindly ask them never to do it again. Elliott and Dalton were on a switch last night that alternated between super-dooper hyper and not minding emotional. Half the night was really good, half the night was really bad. I was really proud to see some breakthroughs in Elliott: sitting nicely looking at a book with Dalton, getting up from supper and going to play in Dalton's room ALL BY HIMSELF, and hugging Erica at the end of the night. All big things for Elliott. But the best part of the night by far came when Erica was quizzing them about siblings, just for the fun of it. Apparently my dear friend has become a masochist. Here is how it went down:
Erica: Dalton, do you want a baby brother or a baby sister?
Dalton: Baby sister.
Erica: You don't want a baby brother?
Dalton: No, a baby sister.
Erica: Elliott, do you want a baby brother or sister?
Elliott, after barely sparing a glance her way before going back to his toy:
No...........I have Carl Wheezer.

I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried!

No comments: