Thursday, October 9, 2008

I DON'T Heart Louisville

Ok, so I've travelled a good bit in my little career. And mainly my trips go smoothly. If I have delays it's usually on the return trip. I have only not gotten my luggage once, and that was on the return trip. I have, though, TWICE now, been through ATL when there was a lot of raining going on. No, I didn't have to walk out to a podunk plane and get wet, but my LUGGAGE DID! So, wet underwear, wet pajamas, fun stuff. Some delays yesterday but not too bad. But I did almost have a claustrophobic panic attack on the flight from ATL to Louisville. Classic elements present: hot on plane, had to wait on plane a long time (and w/o air) and the stupid bitch in front of my reclined her seat, taking up my much needed breathing room. I was actually doing breathing excersises trying not to freak out. Oh yeah, and cussing that stupid bitch in manic tones in my head.

So I got to Louisville, ordered some room service, and tried to get my night on the right track. My computer didn't want to cooperate, and hotel cable SUCKS. I am way too caught up on the news now. That and Dog the Bounty Hunter.

So I get up this morning and I'm in the shower and I'm taking extra care to make sure I get all my mascara off. So I'm staring at the white washcloth and the water pressure goes a little crazy. Nothing too weird, probaby someone else nearbye has just started their shower. But then I look down (wait, forgot to mention the drain wasn't working properly so I have it wedged open with a soap cardboard box) and the WATER IS THE COLOR OF TEA. I actually started thinking I was hallucinating. I'm staring at the dirty water, and now I realize there is SEDIMENT from the water in the bottom of the tub. And then, SIGH, I look at the washcloth that just seconds ago had been white. WHITE NO MORE. At this point I thought I was on a bad drug trip, which is odd considering I've never done drugs in my life. In a panic, and with conditioner in my hair, I turn off the water. Stand. Think. Turn on sink water. Also dirty with sediment. Keep in mind I have not washed my body yet. So I lathered up outside the shower. Turn shower back on, looks cleaner, jump in and rinse off super fast. Can't drink my highly coveted coffee b/c it's been made with dirt water. Had to brush my teeth with Fiji water.

Kinda needless to say I got 1/2 off my room bill.

1 comment:

Presley's Mommy said...

They are building a new subdivision down the road from us and the same thing seems to happen to me every few weeks. Construction workers should be required to learn how to flush a line before rehooking a water system! Its disusting! I have also had the panic attack on the plane. Liquor helps!