Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Halloween Week

Much like "big school," daycare does a dress up week sometime in the fall. Whereas big school usually does it for homecoming, our daycare is doing it this week for Halloween. And in theory, it's a cute idea letting the kids dress up in differently themed outfits. The days this week are as follows:
  • Monday -- Camouflage day
  • Tuesday -- Tacky day
  • Wednesday -- Pajama day
  • Thursday -- Favorite sports team day
  • Friday -- Costume day
So yesterday was no big deal b/c what little boy of a hunter daddy doesn't like to wear camo. But tacky day is a challenge for hard-headed 3 year olds. Corgan and Elliott (no report yet from Dalton's camp) both have very strong ideas about what they wear. So there were some unhappy children this morning, which is a shame since this is supposed to be fun.

I bet tomorrow will put me over the edge b/c I don't see Elliott agreeing to wear pajamas outside the house. I couldn't even convince him to buy new SUPERHERO pajamas on our shopping trip this weekend. After all, that's just not decent apparently.

Update: When Doug picked E up this afternoon, he called me. "Uh, Emily, Elliott has on two different shoes." I think my whole office heard me yell, "Well, duh, it's tacky day! Do you honestly think I would just give up and let him wear two different shoes?!" Then again...

No comments: