Friday, October 24, 2008

Our Witness Protection Program Aliases

Lately Elliott has really been into "What's your name? What's Daddy's name?" and so forth. I can appreciate that developmentally this is a good thing that he is interested in people's other persona's other than simply Mami, Daddy, Grandmommy, Papi. But the game was getting ridiculous when I had to endure multiple times while he was out sick, "What's Aunt Penny's name? What's Carl Wheezer's name?" Thus began the new game of making up new names for each other. Last night he was P.J. O'Pooter Toodle (via Timmy Turner), Daddy was every male train off the Thomas series, and Carl Wheezer is now also known as Bob Smith.

The only thing that has blown his mind about this game is that Kitty's name is not Kitty -- he simply ignored me after I told him her full name -- and that Big John and Big Daddy (formerly D-Daddy) are both named John. He looked at me like I was smoking crack and might not ever believe anything I say again.

No comments: