Tuesday, September 30, 2008

BEER BAN?!

So 10 months later, we finally end up at the endo. And I am so proud to report that he is what I expect a doc to be. Very impressed. In fact, he valued what I had to say so much that he asked me if I was a nurse. Aw, that's the way to my heart! So of all the questions asked combined with remaining a medical mystery, the devastating news to Doug was the order to stop drinking beer. Completely. (At least until a new diagnosis is delivered.) As Sara said, while laughing, "Poor Doug. Driving around in a beer truck, a constant reminder that he is not allowed to drink beer." So, in an effort to show support for my man, I have vowed to give up my beloved Dr. Pepper as long as he has to be without his beer. I expect that this show of solidarity will result in some funny (to others) blogs as I go through withdrawals.

And now for a serious note, please pray for Doug and for the doc, that his "fishing" endeavor will reveal an easily treatable diagnosis that will tie all Doug's issues together. Thanks, my dear friends.

No comments: