Monday, September 8, 2008

Lovin' My Liz

Some time ago I was crazy enough to think throwing a shower at my house would be a good idea. You know, the house I just moved into less than two months ago. Now, doing something nice for my dear Liz, that was a great idea. Doing it at my house and being the organizer, BAD IDEA. But as usual the family pulled together, as those amazing women always do, and kept it from being a disaster. (Insert HUGE THANK YOU's HERE for these women I am lucky enough to have in my life.) If you were just a random person who walked in on Saturday, you would have seen a decent looking house, filled with wonderful guests, wonderful food, and a great time. But let me tell you what no one else got to see. Liz, the honoree, showing up early, in her fabulous (and I'm sure expensive) dress, and washing dishes and cooking muffins. For her own shower. Why? First, because she is a super helper. Second, because she is so used to bailing me out right before birthday parties that she couldn't help herself. She had to come help. This is a reflection of both how bad my abilities are and how amazing Liz is. So this is a shoutout to her. And I cringe when I think of all the hours I now owe her as she begins her journey into domestic hell - I mean bliss.

No comments: