Thursday, September 18, 2008

Mirror, Mirror, on the wall, who's that fatty playing ball?

Somehow I've let a coworker talk me into considering playing intramural softball. I didn't make the first roster because I declined, but now they are revamping due to injuries and I may have a second chance. So last night Doug and I (and the ever helpful Elliott) got out in the backyard with balls and bats courtesy of Mom and Dad (which I believe were accidentally stolen from an old church league-HA!) and our gloves which managed to reappear in the move. The good news is, I can still hit and catch! The bad news is, I still can't throw worth a shit! Doug was all like, "How much does your arm still hurt from last week's injury?" Translation: are you really this shitty at throwing? Please save yourself and say that your arm is still hurt.

(TV ANNOUNCER'S VOICE:) Will Emily join the team? Will she make a fool of herself in front of her coworkers? Will she get winded just from jogging onto the field? Will this all be a big mistake?

STAY TUNED. :)

3 comments:

mkraiz said...

Is it co-ed softball or just girls? Um, I hope it is just girls b/c boys play rough. And how come you can't throw? Just tell them you wanna play first b/c of a shoulder injury

Chicken's Mom said...

CO-ED!!! No girl, I don't want to play infield...my face is all I have left!

Design Girl said...

LOL...didn't you sucker me into playing church league a few times? I think you should play and that in the end it will fun. Elizabeth or your mom can give you throwing pointers...from what I remember Barb is bad ass at playing softball.