Friday, September 19, 2008

Bad Night, Worse Morning

  • Dr. Pepper.
  • Information delivered too late about a visitor.
  • A leaking pullup.
  • Cats.
These four elements are largely responsible for the bad night we had last night. And I am referring to the timeframe from 9:30 pm until 1 am. A time we are not usually still awake much less battling toddler insomnia due to caffeine, MOMMY staying up late to clean up the house, Doug being awakened b/c he was in tee-tee which woke E up, and culminating with Doug suffering a face attack from Priss (I mean, it wasn't even Carl Wheezer). So I knew when I finally fell asleep that this morning would not hold good things. Psychic Emily was right. The manner in which Elliott woke up can best be described from the pages of Llama Llama Red Pajama: "Weeeeeping, WAAAAAILING for his Mama!" [I highly recommend both that book and Llama Llama Mad at Mama by Anna Dewdney. Good stuff.]

The rest of the morning can best be summed up by imagining me as the white rabbit from Alice in Wonderland. And then imagine me in student-like attire (ratty jeans, tennis shoes, MSU golf shirt, no makeup) and having two meetings on campus today. And then make your hand into an L, put it to your forehead, and salute me appropriately.

1 comment:

Presley's Mommy said...

Imagine me saluting...NOW! I am proud of you for surviving at all!