Thursday, September 25, 2008

Carl Wheezer, Maytag Repair Cat Wannabe

Apparently Carl Wheezer dreams of going down to the votech and becoming licensed in appliance repair. He has spent his early youth investigating the appliances in our home, mainly the dishwasher and dryer. He suspects both are faulty, and thus he conducts investigations as often as my failing domestic attempts allow him. So when that dishwasher finally opens once a week, in he hops to have his look around. Clean or dirty, he feels the need to be not only present but inside it. When I open the dryer, he appears from nowhere, hops in, I throw him out, I turn to get the clothes out of the washer, he's back in, I throw him back out, I reach for another handful, he's back in, I throw him back out. We continue this dance until the clothes are all in, he is out, and the dryer gets turned on. I feel it is only a matter of time before his luck runs out in this game and he goes for a tumble.

He has decided against a career as a plumber. His investigations of the toilet reminded him that felines are not cut out for careers involving water.

1 comment:

Presley's Mommy said...

Just wait until he gets caught in the dishwasher!