Thursday, September 11, 2008

Fantasy Daycare

(Kudos to THS for today's title.)

Our office is currently full of talk about fantasy football teams. This concept boggles my mind, but lowly non-participators like me are not allowed to ask these diehards really stupid questions like "what is the point of this?" because then they shun you. The world of fantasy sports is so prevalent right now that it seems to have trickled over into our life in the form of Fantasy Daycare.

One day Elliott came home and told me very matter of factly that he had to go to Mrs. Dana's office (the director) and sit in time out for hitting his friends. Turns out not only did he not get sent to her office, she wasn't even there that day. (SHEW! What a relief.) One night this week he told me in quite a long story about how Dalton had bit him and how Ms. Tina put Dalton in the Thinking Chair. Ms. Tina was not in their classroom that day. I tell you this to put into perspective that Elliott proudly reported last night that he tee-tee'd in the potty at daycare. Yet, there was no bag of wet clothes, he was wearing the same clothes he left the house in and a pullup. I asked him why he wasn't wearing underwear, but he evaded the question. I think he likes the praise and attention he gets from me when he tells me he went. Obviously not enough to go at home, but one battle at a time.

But make no mistake, no one else is allowed to ask him about potty training or to make a big deal about his progress. Oh no, that is in direct violation with his contract.

No comments: