Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Technological Wonder

I have recently heard a friend and her daughter coveting iPods, researching them, pricing them, planning for them. I have friends and coworkers who excitedly snatch up the newest phones with their all powerful features. I don't have an iPod. I don't even have a cheapo MP3 player. I don't have a cool phone. In fact, my phone is a piece of shit. I have a digital camera, but I don't like it so I don't use it. I use a 35-mm, possibly the only person still on the planet using one. I am a late adopter of technology, as Dr. W taught me so many years ago. But it's not that I'm distrustful of technology. It just doesn't appeal to me like it does to other people. I just can't justify spending that amount of money on something that will change in the blink of an eye. I'd rather spend it on home improvement projects. But, I have found a piece of technology that I am now coveting, wishing for, hoping for, trying to figure out which bank I'm going to rob for it: AN AUTOMATIC LITTER BOX. Yep, that's what's on my technological wish list.

Did I mention I have a master's degree in technology?

No comments: