Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Best Dressed on Broad Street

I have a confession to make. I hate playing outside. As our social worker so correctly described me three years ago, "While Doug enjoys outdoor activities, Emily enjoys inside activities." Yep, that's me, an inside kind of girl. So entertaining Elliott outside is a bit of a chore for me. I have to really work to be creative and make it more exciting. Because there is a pretty common formula we follow:
  • Swing in the blue swing
  • Swing in the yellow swing
  • Mommy monster attempts to get him on the platform
  • Slide
  • Play with the beach ball
Pretty boring, huh? Oh yeah, and the constant activity, don't step in dog poop. So while he was in the blue swing last night, I decided to bust into the Head and Shoulders song. For those of you who may need a refresher course, it goes like this:
Head and shoulders, knees and toes, knees and toes.
Head and shoulders, knees and toes, knees and toes...
And eyes and ears and mouth and nose...
HEAD AND SHOULDERS, KNEES AND TOES, KNEES AND TOES!
Ok, now for the full visual. If you remember the movie Troop Beverly Hills, get the Freddy Dance image firmly in place in your mind. And now picture me wearing the pink t-shirt I wore to work, red snowman cotton pajama pants that are too short so I try to pass them off as cropped pj pants, and salmon-pink flip-flops with a big ole' flower on them. And now put those two images together, combined with the song, and that was my entertainment for E for the evening. He laughed hysterically. Wouldn't you?

The neighbors, upon only hearing the song, dropped to their knees and thanked God that we spent every dime of profit we made from the Converse Drive house (plus a generous gift from my dad, plus the gate I haven't paid off) to put up a privacy fence.

4 comments:

Holly said...

AHHHH! The Freddy! Second in appeal only to the Elaine!! I wonder if you can still find a copy of Troop Beverly Hills...probably only available in VHS, but a classic nonetheless!

Chicken's Mom said...

Have you thrown down a challenge? I bet I can find it on Amazon in record time! :)

Presley's Mommy said...

Let me help you. I have it on tape!

Holly said...

haha!