Tuesday, September 9, 2008

I have a secret

I am really trying to turn over a new leaf. I have set my sights on Domestic Goddess-ship, and by gosh I hope to at least reach the bottom rung of that ladder. I made progress last night. I cooked, did dishes, and did reunion stuffing (vomit). I was walking around with my chest puffed out feeling accomplished. And then I got up this morning and after getting out of the shower I couldn't immediately find any clean underwear. I searched and I searched. Turns out I should have done a load or two of laundry, but I'm low on detergent. I believe I have enough for one load before I have to go to the store for more, and it needs to be a load containing underwear. In my panic I started trying to come up with alternatives. What to do? It's not winter so I can't simply put on some pantyhose and go partial commando. So, in my desperation, I finally decided on...Wait for it....my turquoise swimsuit bottoms. That's right, underneath my brown dress pants is my swimsuit. And I have to say, it's not bad. They have a nice suck-em-up quality. And it makes me amused to know I have this ridiculous "secret" today. I have to go to a meeting shortly, and I'm going to laugh all the way over there.

Hi, my name is Emily. I have $14.77 in my checkbook, $8 in cash in my wallet, a lunch date and a pharmacy pickup to charge to my infamous credit card, no laundry detergent, no more stamps for reunion letters, and I'm wearing turquoise swimsuit bottoms. But by gosh, I have a cute house.

2 comments:

mkraiz said...

Girl! You ain't right! Didn't you get hot?

Chicken's Mom said...

nope, I was very comfy, and chuckled all day :)