Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Do You Dress Left or Right?

You know how all those women's magazines keep touting that the little changes in weight loss add up? "Take as many extra steps as you can because they add up." Well then I must be burning tons of calories! For some reason we continue to seek out residences that strangely accommodate our clothes. For instance, in our first house there was 1 closet in the master bedroom. It was Doug's. Only one dresser fit in the bedroom. It too was Doug's. But Doug also had a small dresser in the den. Nope, not kidding. My closet was in extra bedroom #2. My dresser, however, was in extra bedroom #1. I once described how we had to rotate around our house to dress to a former student worker (who I miss so; wishing you well, MY), and she laughed until she cried and then asked for a video of the craziness. So when we moved last year, we seemed to get it a little more under control. The "master" bedroom has 3 closets: 1 Doug uses for his church clothes, 1 Doug uses for his casual clothes, and 1 was my closet. My only closet. Doug was also utilizing the hall closet for his work uniforms as well as the entire den closet (massive) for his hunting crap. And then there is the 2nd hall closet for coats (the world's best hall closet); I'm still amazed that my old house has this much storage. But I digress. That bedroom also only accommodated one dresser, but I persuaded Doug to let mine stay (since for 6 years mine had been outside the bedroom); not to mention that Doug gets up at 5 am. So his dresser was once again in the den, which made sense when he was actually using the 2nd bathroom as his own. He invaded mine during the winter, and I can't seem to kick him back out. Anyhoo, since the bedroom switcharoo, we are back to dressing insanity. Here goes:
  • (New) Master bedroom: my dresser, Doug's dresser, Doug's work uniform closet

  • Hall: my newly relocated closet; shoes still sitting in tubs outside it

  • Elliott's new room: my former closet is now his closet; Doug's 2 closets in there remain
Yep, just another day in the life...

P.S. Anyone know the movie I'm giving a shout out to in the title?

2 comments:

mkraiz said...

For some reason, I think it is "when harry met sally"?

Chicken's Mom said...

Wrong-o.