Thursday, August 6, 2009

Get In Shape Girl

Remember my strategy about Back to Basics? Well last night I decided to apply that to working out. My gym membership runs out at the end of this month, and due to daycare, the house payment and some other bill I can't think of right now going up, I've decided not to renew. I have a PAID FOR treadmill at home as well as at least 4 workout DVDs. So last night I became reacquainted with Denise Austin. And Elliott met her for the first time. He thought this activity was really fun, and not only was he working out with me but he was repeating the inspiration phrases. "You are doing good! Keep it up!" Just what I need, a 4-foot tall trainer. So I start out and I realize I need an exercise mat. Run to the hall closet and take out the mat I requested several years ago for Christmas -- the mat that I can count on my pinkies how many times I've used. Ok, mat, check. Then she starts talking about dumbbells. Shit, mine are out in the shop, and I'm not navigating the mine field in my good tennis shoes. Go to pantry (see, I do listen to those how to save money articles) but I cannot find anything the same size and weight. Hmm, ponder. Go back to living room, select 2 of my brass "See no, Hear no, Speak no" monkeys; Elliott grabs the 3rd one. Ok, brass monkey dumbbells, check. Working out, now she says I need a stability ball. GEEZ, DENISE, I'M TRYING TO SAVE MONEY HERE! I should interject that if I had actually completed this workout before, I would have known about the stability ball. Ok, so now I'm using my PRETEND stability ball. About 15 minutes into this 20 minute workout when they were laying on the ball I said f-it and cut it off. But when I sneezed this morning it really hurt my abs, so it must have been worth something.

Round 2 coming soon...

No comments: