Thursday, August 20, 2009

No Sleep for the Anesthetized

Emily vs needles: 0 to Infinity
Emily vs anesthesia: 2 to 0

I had my second laparoscopy last week to remove some of the raging demon also known as endometriosis. I had my first one in 2005 under the supervision of an idiot who I no longer see nor can I speak of without using the word idiot or multiple expletives. Apparently self diagnosis wasn't enough for that moron...surgery for the sake of diagnosis without removal...he was quite the doc. Anyhoo, now that I see THE MAN (read with Heavenly choir accompanying) I had a lap the correct way. And just like last time, as soon as they brought me back from recovery, Hello! I'm awake! I did not sleep the rest of the day. I even had trouble sleeping that night. Doc tried to tell me I wouldn't remember what he was telling me before they released me. Wrong-o. Apparently there is some revenge in the world. If I have to be the world's biggest fainter, at least I also get to be a hoss when it comes to anesthesia. My walk now contains an egotistical swagger.

No comments: