Wednesday, August 26, 2009

MWF Seeks Normalcy...Or Not

As you may have noticed in the past few days, I've been struggling to get myself into a healthily functioning routine for the fall semester. In my deliberations, it occurred to me that I've not really had a "normal" married life. Here is what I've discovered about my roles over the past 11 years:

(1) Single, full-time undergraduate student, working part-time [2 years]

(2) Married, full-time undergraduate student, working part-time [2 years]

(3) Married, part-time graduate student, working full-time at a job I hated [3 years]

(4) Married, working full-time at a job I hated, and pursuing an international adoption WHILE ON LUPRON [1 year]

(5) Married, FINALLY A MOMMY!, working full-time at a job I hated [1 year]

(6) Married, a MOMMY!, working full-time at a job I love [2 years]

(7) Married, a MOMMY!, working full-time at a job I love, and going back to school part-time as an undergraduate student [current]

Wow, two major thoughts remain. First, poor Doug, he deserves sainthood. Second, I might not suck at life quite as much as I previously thought. I have new found respect for myself after composing this list. And I also wonder what the hell I have against a "normal" life? Ha.

No comments: