Thursday, November 19, 2009

Vegas Day 4: Au Revoir!

I woke on Saturday tired and with a heavy heart. I had not won big in Vegas. I would be returning not with a financial reprieve but with increased debt. Sigh. But I would be returning to my guys who I missed terribly.

Each time I've left NYC I've always thought, "Until we meet again!" But as we headed to the airport I thought, "So long, Vegas! Been there, done that, not coming back!"

On the last leg of the plane home, the others were sleeping, and I was left alone with my to do list for the coming week and my thoughts. The elephant on my chest had returned. When I looked in the mirror when we landed, my chest had broken out in a rash for the second day in a row. The previous afternoon had been while everyone else rested between activities, and again I was left alone with my thoughts. It seems I'm now able to externalize that elephant.

Back to life, back to reality...(sing the 80s song with me!)

What is important, though, is that I can look back on this milestone birthday and know that I spent it with my amazing best friends. Ladies, we'll always have Paris...I mean, Vegas.

I love you all. Thank you.

No comments: