Thursday, November 19, 2009

Vegas Day 2: 6156 is the Mark of the Devil

I woke up very tired and feeling very badly on Thursday morning. I started my day by popping Ibuprofen, Sudafed and another dose of Tamiflu...on an empty stomach. Shouldn't have been too much of a surprise that when I smelled the food downstairs that I got sick. Back to bed for me while the others ventured out for half price tickets for that night (dang you, Wayne Brady, for cancelling on us!). In retrospect, I think I had the advantage sleeping while they did all that walking. Thanks, girls!

We met up for lunch at Le Buffet (roll eyes), which I thought was good but I think I was in the minority on that one. Then again, me and massive amounts of food are always good. Next up, The Price is Right Live, a non-televised version of the show with a different host and announcer. Very fun even though none of us got to come on down :(. We were all set to have our picture made with the beauties after the show (Gail, the blonde, is from the Memphis/Tunica area), but the random older lady who was going to take it was not exactly camera savvy. As she is splitting our picture into two shots (yeah, because we're going to piece them together later? come on lady), Erica goes, "Aw, geeeez." Might not sound funny in print, but trust me, it was hilarious.

A little gambling, a roller coaster ride for Holly and Erica, and more walking later, and we decided to go to In-N-Out Burger for an early dinner before our 7:30 show. Unfortunately, we couldn't find a walking route, so we hopped in a cab. THE CAB FROM HELL. Now, the night before on the way to Rosemary's, Erica had been up front with the young cab driver who had absolutely no desire to talk with her or expound on her questions. On the way back from Rosemary's, Michelle was able to have a nice conversation with that driver. So when I got in the front and this cabbie started chatting me up, I thought all was well. I COULD NOT HAVE BEEN MORE WRONG. This &!@# started out by saying that us taking a cab to get a burger was "a dumbass" waste of his vehicle. Yep he did. But I thought he was just a gruff old man like so many I'd met, so I was just laughing him off. But when I was collecting quarters in lieu of no $1's to tip him (MORE THAN 20% I MIGHT ADD), he started mouthing off about not wanting to hear any change because we were not in Mississippi anymore. Oh yes he did, he insulted our intelligence and our state. So then Erica tipped him $0.30 in payment to his rudeness. Well dear heavens, he started mouthing off. I had heard enough from him so I just walked off. THAT MAN THEN PHYSICALLY BLOCKED HOLLY AND MICHELLE'S PATH AND LECTURED THEM. Just writing this has my blood pressure through the roof. I had every intention of calling the cab company and reporting him, but every time I thought about it my blood pressure spiked.

After recovering from this ordeal and enjoying the only cheap meal of our trip, we went to see Blue Man Group at the Venetian. Halfway through the show I turned to Erica and said, "I think this is what it's like to be on drugs."

No comments: