Friday, November 20, 2009

Rest in Peace, Poco

Sad, sad, sad, sad, so very sad. As Elliott and I were pulling in the driveway after lunch, I ran over our outside cat, Poco. We've had Poco for 8 years. And she has always run toward my car when I get home. But today I stopped halfway up the driveway, I think to turn and listen to something Elliott was saying, and when I started forward again I felt that horrible bump. I saw her run off, so I was hoping maybe I had just run over her leg. I left Elliott strapped in his carseat, ran and got the kennel, and as I was trying to load her into it she curled herself into an unnatural shape. She died en route to the vet. Tears.

My sweet daddy buried her in the back lot of the Co-op, and Elliott assisted. I did what I do best: cried and drowned my pain in sweets.

This is the second November in this house that we've lost a cat. Next November I'm sending Priss and Phillip on vacation.

No comments: