Thursday, April 2, 2009

WARNING! Slipper Slope Ahead!

Ok, we all know I lack the necessary motivation to get fit on my own. That is why I was so thankful to end up with my unlikely workout partner JC. Because he manages to motivate me in the same way ole' Coach Huey could. He uses a special talent for getting in my head. And most of you have heard me complain at least 500 times in the last few years: "When have I ever exercised? I haven't. I played team sports. There is no real internal motivation needed -- there is a yelling coach for that!" So, when he bails on me, I just don't go. ARGH! EMILY! Go to the gym by yourself like a big girl! Find the intrinsic motivation for exercise that you've always had for school! Instead, I had a Java Chiller that was as many calories as I would have burned at spinning.

This lecture is not yet over, young lady.

No comments: