Thursday, April 23, 2009

Do As I Say, Not As I Do

You can see from earlier posts that nutrition is weighing heavily on my mind not just for myself but also for my child. His people are not thin and tall, I'm just saying. I also struggle with menu planning, home meal preparation, and NOT EATING SO MUCH FAST FOOD! So lately when we are in a hurry we try to at least make better fast food choices. Such as getting the baked potato at Wendy's rather than fries. So I've been lightly mentioning here and there to Elliott about healthy food and growing big and tall. Which seems a little cruel when you think about his genetics, ha. When we went to McDonalds the other night prior to Kitty's tball game, I was talking to Doug and eating my fries with more gusto that I have been lately. Truth be told, I was trying to eat them while they were hot since their fries are really not that good anymore. Elliott leaned over and said with much authority, "Mami, eat your hamburger; not so many fries, they are not good for you." That kid. Sigh.

No comments: