Thursday, April 9, 2009

I Blame the Nightlight

I have a confession to make. I love sleeping on the couch. I am not mad at Doug, I just love sleeping by myself now that I caught Erica's lightest sleeper disease. Not that I'm in her category, but I'm damn close. There is no one else to bother me in the living room, except Priss who is so excited to be with me and away from Elliott that she is a perfect angel. And I sleep so soundly! Until at 1:30 am a little child comes running in there to tell me he tee-tee'd in the bed. Please take note that he didn't wake up his daddy who was LAYING RIGHT BESIDE HIM. So Mami gets up and changes him and puts a towel down so he can go back to sleep without major interruption. But then I had to get in the bed with them b/c he insisted. AND SO HELP YOU IF ANY OF YOU MAKE NOTE THAT HE SHOULD NOT BE IN MY BED; YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. Anyhoo, I had plugged in the nightlight in the hall earlier, and I guess that's what made me think EVERY 20 MINUTES from 1:30 to 5 am that it was already 5 am. I almost drove Doug crazy kicking him and asking him what time it was b/c I thought he was going to be late for work. Over and over again. But then again, maybe now he will realize what it is like to be awakened over and over again by the other person's insanity in the bed.

No comments: