Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Shower Me With Gifts

As Sara was opening gifts at her bridal shower this weekend, I did not have to envy her brand new towels like most people who have been married 9 years would have to do. Instead, I remembered that I have a mother-in-law who was smart enough to box up the excess towels and store them for me. So the next day I asked for my reserve of towels. And what did Doug bring home? FOUR PAPER BOXES FULL OF TOWELS. Holy shit. I had no idea this whole time that we had that many towels in storage. I was thinking, like, 1 box. And I thought it was only bath towels. I had asked for kitchen towels for Christmas two years ago in a name swap for heaven's sake! And lo and behold, there are kitchen towels, full size bath towels, hand towels (needed so badly), and wash cloths. And in about 4 different colors.

So how in the world did we end up with enough towels to stock our house AND have 4 boxes in storage? Well, fellow WP'ers will attest to the fact that WP folks buy from Roses. And Roses has dust collectors. So at one point prior to the wedding, I was in full freakout mode about not having anything practical -- "LIKE TOWELS!" -- but we would sure as hell be able to decorate our house. Poor Doug was the recipient of this spill many times apparently. So if anyone asked him what we needed: "TOWELS"

And there you go. That's why I now have 4 boxes of brand new towels sitting in my home office.

No comments: