Friday, August 29, 2008

Team Shaw

E's sleep shirt proclaims him to be a "Patience Tester." Understatement of the year. But after this morning I've decided that every member of our household needs this shirt, in athletic jersey style, with his or her name emblazoned on the back. Daddy, E, Priss, Carl Wheezer....every inside member of the family is now a player for Team Shaw, Patience Testers. Daddy gets up early and then leaves the kitchen light blazing so that when E wakes up, he tries to get up at 5 am. Uh, no. Priss and Carl Wheezer fight under the bed during sleepy time; Carl Wheezer, as previously discussed, plays jingly ball. Then I have to jump out of the bed at 5:30ish when I hear Priss dump over a glass a tea in the kitchen and I have to clean it up.

I'm thinking of converting my hall closet, aka the world's best hall closet, into a sleepy time retreat just for me. I could line it with soundproof foam, lock the door and snuggle down into the 15 extra comforters that I can't figure out why we have or how we came to have them. And in total darkness and total quiet, I just might sleep through the night. But I'd have to wear a Depends.

2 comments:

mkraiz said...

Girl! Close your door to those cats! That's what I would do, well, unless they meow pitifully outside your door. Ooohhh, and I'm a super light sleeper too! I would have to wear earplugs or maybe just bust some heads.

Chicken's Mom said...

the laundry room, aka their room w/ potty box, is adjacent to our room; so there is no shutting them out, unfortunately...