Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Mornings and Makeup with Mommy

Weekday mornings at our house are a crapshoot. Will E wake up grumpy or sweet? At what point will the current mood become the polar opposite? Will he make me late today? Will he cry at daycare or surprise me and act well adjusted? I never quite know.

I do thank our good Lord above for how much better he is compared to the first few months of daycare. Those were the worst mornings of my life. Complete meltdowns, emotional manipulation...it was awful. So it makes my heart so happy to see him playing in his room in the mornings or interacting with me while I get ready. Lately he has been fascinated with my (very short) makeup routine. When he hears the hairdryer cut off, he comes running. "You do makeup now? You do mascara?" And then he climbs up on his stool to both watch and mess with it. It's very sweet. And then this morning he cracked me up by announcing when the microwave dinged, "Mommy, you coffee is ready!"

He is such a two-sided little complex coin. And I wouldn't cash him in for anything in the world.

No comments: