Friday, August 15, 2008

Paging Wife of the Year

So yesterday was low potassium episode Part 2. Doug calls me, I start heading to Tupelo in a slight panic. Now, I must insert here to save some face that MAYBE some of this next thought was based on the economy/the price of gas/no extra trips are allowed anywhere. So the next thing I know, this thought pops into my head, "Dang, I wish I had that Bed, Bath & Beyond coupon." Yep, I really thought it. So then I'm in my head working this all into a blog post, and I miss the exit. Strike 2. I finally find him at a Texaco, and we both had to go to the bathroom so I opted for the Burger King rather than the Texaco. So if we're here I might as well get a Croisanwhich, right? Strike 3. So we're coming back to WP and the impending doom of the ER and the unknown of what they will tell us, and my gas light comes on. We coast into town on fumes and I had to stop at the Soco for gas. All before we ever made it to the ER. Nominate me now: Wife of the Year.

Hi, my name is Emily, and I have two forms of coping: irreverent humor and avoidance.

No comments: