Saturday, May 11, 2013

Penitent

Here I am at what should have been Day 13 completely penitent.  I started the day off with Diet Coke and doughnuts.  I had Wendy's for lunch, and let's just say I didn't have a salad.  But I weighed midday and was shocked to discover I've lost 5 pounds in 13 days (remember that last time I only showed a loss of 3 pounds after 20 days, which I gained back by going crazy for 9 days).  I know this: I will not be binging for 9 days.  I have given myself permission to binge today.  Tomorrow is a good ole' Southern pot luck, so I'll see how that goes.  But come Monday, I'm refocused.

Here is a further breakdown of my Whole30 thoughts.  I know to ask for oil and vinegar even if it's not listed on the menu.  I think I will make this choice often in the future, but I know that sometimes this girl needs ranch dressing.  (PS, Whole30 ranch is one of the worst things I've ever tasted, and one of the few things I've ever deemed completely inedible after making.)  I've become very used to saying "no cheese or croutons", and I think can continue this practice as well. 

I like that as long as I stick to the approved foods, I can eat as much as I want.  I hate portion sizes.  I hate measuring and counting, whether it be carbs or calories.  I hate not feeling full, which always leads me to binging in the end.  I do not like being the only person at an event making healthy choices. 

I like having my eyes opened even more to added ingredients.  I'm pretty sure I will continue making my own taco seasoning.  I'm planning to make my own BBQ sauce this week, which is a Whole30 recipe.  I like that it made me pick up different fresh veggies that I normally don't buy just to get some darn variety.  I've eaten more fruit than I ever have.  I'm rare in that I've always eaten more veggies than fruits. 

And even though I've had a terrible eating day, it's important to note that my coffee was still black this morning :)

3 comments:

mkraiz said...

You get back on the torture wagon right now! I am not doing this alone!!! Having said that, as I bought my groceries for the week for 1 person, I thought to myself...."good gracious, this is ridiculously expensive!". I guess I keep telling myself that I am only doing it for one month but I don't know that it has gotten easier in that I spend a lot of time preparing. I am thinking wheat is out for good though.

mkraiz said...

has not gotten easier....HAS NOT!!! ugh!

Chicken's Mom said...

Yes, it is very expensive and frustrating. But I feel physically awful when I cheat.