Saturday, May 11, 2013

Day 12 - BOOM!

Day 12 - Friday, May 10

So you know I've only been drinking 3 beverages -- black coffee, water, and unsweet tea (sometimes caffeinated and sometimes decaf) -- so why in the world I was typing that every day?

Breakfast: Banana

Work Lunch at The Grill: Beef tenderloin kabobs with sweet potato fries

Afternoon snack: Orange

Work Supper from Bulldog Deli: Chef salad with no cheese or croutons and oil & vinegar.  But while ordering for 4 people, I got mad.  I wanted hummus.  My coworkered ordered the hummus salad.  My choices were SALAD with either ham and turkey OR grilled chicken and bacon OR grilled chicken and fruit.  Two pages worth of menu, and I had only a choice of which meat to go on my boring salad.  I further started to unravel.

Then I went to work graduation, which is one of the best parts of my job, especially after the week of "Probation and Suspension and Dismissals, OH MY!"  And amid all the happiness and excitement, I just had enough.  When Angel and left, I teetered on the "will I fall off the wagon" line for about 15 minutes.  I then a took a flying leap :(

We went back to Bulldog Deli and had dessert (chocolate eruption cheesecake for me) and DIET COKE.  The only good news is that I physically couldn't eat the entire piece.  But I did drink 2 huge Diet Cokes.  And then a package of nabs at bedtime.  It's terrible, I know, but I was missing carbs really badly.

Yes, I am disgusted with myself.  So disappointed...again.  But I'm going to see how "paleo" I can move forward from here.  Past Whole30, you can actually have honey, etc.  I will try my best to stop acting like a crazy emotional binger and have some sense.  We shall see.

Fruits = 2 servings (banana, orange)
Vegetables = 4 servings (Salad: lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers; sweet potato)
Protein = 2-3 servings (beef, ham and turkey)
Healthy fat = 1-2 servings (oil and vinegar)
Empty carbs = nabs
SUGAR = BOO! (cheesecake)
CHEMICALS = Diet Coke

No comments: