Monday, May 6, 2013

Days 7 & 8 - Grumpy Has Set In

Yeah, I've hit the end of week 1 grumps.  Read all about it.

Day 8 - Monday, May 6 (Happy Birthday, HLM!)

Breakfast: Black coffee, water, monkey bowl

Lunch @ Sweet Peppers Deli, repeat of last week: Chicken grill salad, no cheese or croutons, except I was legit and asked for straight up oil and vinegar; fruit cup; unsweet tea with lemon.

EARLY Afternoon Snack: Sea salt almonds, WATER

Supper @ Staffords after baseball: Salad, which was actually a really nice assortment of veggies, with BBQ meat (no BBQ sauce) and about half a packet of Italian dressing...not Whole30 approved :(.  What can I say, not all establishments have oil and vinegar.  Plus, I had to watch everyone else eat ewwy, gooey sandwiches with french fries, so Italian dressing seems pretty mild in the face of that.  SIGH...

While I was attempting to put AH to sleep, which was taking forever, for some reason I suddenly imagined a sugar cube disolving on my tongue.  Yeah, I have issues.  Right now I'm sitting here with the jar of almond butter, a spoon and my unsweet tea.


Day 7 - Sunday, May 5

Breakfast: Black coffee, water, sea salt almonds later in the morning

Lunch from Hardees: $6 Thickburger, no mayo, ketchup or bun; exotic chips

Supper @ my mom's for my grandfather's birthday:
Here's where the grumpy set in.  First of all, it's a party.  Usually at parties I'm all, "Woo hoo, it's a party!  Let me eat a ridiculous number of yummy calories!"  And when you're the only person abstaining, it stinks.  Second, I planned ahead by having knowledge of the menu.  I planned in advance to limit myself to grilled fish, sweet potatoes, salad, and fruit.  When I got there I was all excited by the site of oil-based slaw.  Then my dreams were shot down when I was told it had sugar in it; so I didn't have any.  Then I saw that the salad had shredded cheese mixed all in it.  I nearly cried.  But I ate it anyway.  Then I made my stupidest choice: 2 deviled eggs, which I know contained mayonnaise.  Then I realized as I was eating the sweet potatoes that they were probably cooked in butter.  So then I was having a full-blown pity party in my head.  I cannot even eat 100% legit by planning ahead?!?!  I would like to point out that I passed up pasta salad, fried fish, hushpuppies and THREE kinds of dessert, yet I'm sitting there beating myself up over small amounts of butter, cheese and mayo.  At that point I realized that the only way to eat 100.0% Whole30 for the duration is to prepare every single morsel at your own home with your own two hands.  That is not a reality for me.  So I will celebrate what I consider 95%+ compliance, and I will move forward.

I also had a moment when I realized my friend was at day 21, and here I was BACK at day 7. 

Forward, march!

No comments: