Friday, May 3, 2013

Days 4 & 5

Day 5 - Friday, May 3

Breakfast: Black coffee, water, gas station bacon and smoked sausage *

Lunch at Taste of China: I would have NEVER been able to join my coworkers for a Chinese buffet if this particular Chinese buffet had not had a mini Hibachi station.  I was able to get a big plate of steak, chicken, onions, bell peppers, snow pea pods, zuccini, and mushrooms with garlic sauce (I closed my eyes, crossed my fingers, and hoped it didn't have soy in it).  While I waited I ate crab sticks wrapped in bacon (man, I'm out of control with the bacon) and fried bananas.  Two things about the fried bananas.  First, I once again hoped the oil they fried them in was ok.  Second, they were amazing.  They ended up on my "dessert" plate too, which also consisted of fresh pineapple, orange slice and grapes.  For some reason I thought srircha was an approved condiment, so I had a smidge with my stir fry (dude, that stuff is really hot!)  I realized later it's not approved as SUGAR is the second ingredient.  Sneaky, sneaky sugar.  :(

Afternoon snack: I was starving by 2 pm even after eating all the above.  I had a coconut Larabar.

Supper: Our supper was so good tonight.  We made bacon-wrapped chicken, substituting date sugar for brown sugar.  Then we just had simple iceberg wedges on the side.



OMG, I just realized I ate bacon at EVERY MEAL today!  hahahah


Day 4 - Thursday, May 2

Breakfast: Black coffee, water, banana, mini cashew cookie Larabar

Lunch @ Oby's: Chicken club salad, grilled, with no cheese and with the only legit dressing -- straight up oil and vinegar


 
I'm 99% positive that prior to yesterday I've never eaten that entire salad before.  But minus ranch and cheese, it was a lot less filling. 
 
Supper @ No Way Jose after baseball: Pollo Con Queso -- NO Queso.  You can imagine the ribbing I took.  It was 2 thin chicken breasts with mushrooms and bacon and a side guacomole salad.  Unfortunately the plate came with sour cream and I had to sacrifice some lettuce to the sour cream divide.  NO CHIPS, NO CHEESE DIP, NO TORTILLAS, NO DIET COKE...man. 
 
BEVERAGES:
To know me is to love me.  But to love me is to know that I'm polydipsic -- I drink all the time.  Previously, my day went like this: Coffee with flavored creamer, Diet Coke, more coffee with flavored creamer at work, maybe a glass of water, then Diet Coke with lunch, a to-go DC for the afternoon, and then finally my decaf unsweet tea at home.  (Sometimes followed by another DC at 9 pm.)  How horrified are you right now?  Ok, so on a good day there was a lot more water in there.  I mean, how else would I be the all-time-water-bottle changer?  My new routine is so stinking boring: Black coffee, water, more black coffee at work, more water, unsweet tea with caffeine at lunch, more water, then decaf unsweet tea at home.  The 3 drink rotation is getting a bit old. 
 
  

No comments: