Saturday, September 10, 2011

USCIS Receipt Received!

Saturdays have been great for us for adoption mail!  Today we received our USCIS receipt letter.  NO, not our fingerprinting appointment letter.  It's a good thing I had done some Googling a few days ago because I didn't remember a receipt letter coming first.  Then again, it does seem like a lot of steps have been organized and streamlined since our last USCIS experience.  This time, there was no sending that form off before Renae 100% said so! :)  Plus, this time it required a letter from the international agency to accompany it.  Thank you, government, for showing me you can make a process function more smoothly!

I love this image; it looks so official!


I'm super glad to know that this time -- unlike that disaster that happened last time -- that our home study is where it's supposed to be.  I heart Renae.

So for the record, that's approximately 10 days since sending it on August 30, just like the nice Internet ladies said.

No comments: