Friday, September 9, 2011

That Horrid P Word

Well actually, it's 2 P words: Paper Pregnant

I was exposed to that horrible phrase the first go round, and I had put it firmly out of my mind in the following years.  But when I was having the below amusing IM conversation a few weeks ago, that memory slammed back into me.
Mari: Do you have pictures yet?
Me: No, we're not that far along yet.
Yesterday I wrote the application letter for the dossier (a new one for me), requested both of our employment letters, asked for a correction from one of the reference letters, and today I ordered our vital record copies.  Next up, ANOTHER round of medical letters (GRR) and police clearance.  I think that leaves the financial statement and photos before getting the entire packet state certified then authenticated by the Embassy.  Oh yeah, and 9 more hours of online training.

While trying to find a clue online as to how long to expect the immigration results, I came across another P word from years past: Paperchasing.  Though lame, this one makes me giggle and accurately describes this part of the journey.

No comments: