Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Labor Day Recap

As my great but exhausting weekend was playing out, I realized it resembled last year's 3-day weekend.  So for simplicity, I edited last year's list to show once again how I spend my holiday weekends.

Saturday:

Prairie Arts Festival
  • RAN my 3rd 5k!
 
 
  • (Doug worked dove hunts)
  • (Part of a) Funnel cake as breakfast (a PAF tradition)
  • Strategies for keeping Elliott from being whiny failed, even with his new gun, but I was granted a reprieve when Jero agreed to take the 2 little ones back early for the 2nd year in a row! :)

  • Chicken on a stick for lunch (another PAF tradition, and it must be purchased from a particular vendor)
  • Bought 1 gift and 1 item (frame) for the nursery
  • Kitty won 2nd prize in her age category in the art contest

Post-Dove Hunt Cookout in Artesia
  • A fairly new tradition, but very worth it b/c the people who put it on are golden...you are going to want to click on the below pic to see Corgan wearing her Rapunzle hat :)

  • (Doug still working)

Sunday:


Family Lunch 
  • Crazily, Elliott and I went swimming even though the temperatures had already started dropping
  • Played Contact

Another Post-Dove Hunt Cookout
  • A delicious meal of BBQ beef sandwiches at Jero & Penny's house
  • 2nd game of Contact in one day

Monday:

  • Chilled at the house the grand majority of the day with the front door open, enjoying the rain and breeze through the screen door
  • Read a book
  • Umi for supper

So excited to FINALLY be able to say I kicked PAF off by running!  I hope to be able to write that every year from here on out!

No comments: