Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Like Manna from Heaven

On Monday, August 15, 2011, we had a division meeting at work.  For the record, it was not a good meeting, and we had an email alerting us to another meeting after the division meeting.  That meeting was also not a good one.  However, right slap in the middle of those two bad meetings, something amazing happened.

My co-coordinator got up, and to my complete bafflement, started talking about me.  She finally mentioned the adoption, and that's when I started to catch a clue.


Apparently a covert operation had been going on for two months.  The masterminds, THS and HS, remembered me talking about our "Pennies and Prayers" fundraiser for Elliott's adoption and organized a similar collection from the division.  O.M.G.  Check out that collection of containers.

 



 

I was so very overwhelmed and humbled by this show of love and support.  Boy did I cry.  Then my favorite work girls took charge and decided we would have a massive rolling effort during lunches.  Check out all my wonderful helpers!

All sorted by denomination!


After the first day rolling

How blessed am I?  VERY.  And how appreciative I am to be a testament of God's timing.  You see, the very next thing that was due was the I800A and the accompanying $720 payment (plus $170 for more fingerprints). 

Dirty penny fingers - well worth it!
One month later, the last of the rolling...nearly $100 worth of pennies alone!  
It was so heavy that the MSU Cheer Coach was called in for the carry!

And now for the grand total, which surpassed the USCIS payment...

$748.25

But my God shall supply all your need
according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus. 
-- Philippians 4:19


I will never be able to fully express my thankfulness to my coworkers.
 

4 comments:

Kasey said...

Awesome!! :)

angie coast rat said...

Absolutely amazing!!! This brought a tear to my eye. You are truly blessed with wonderful people around you!!!

mkraiz said...

wowzers! that is amazing!

Meaghan said...

Incredible!!! What awesome co-wokers you have! The Lord indeed provides!!!!