Thursday, September 29, 2011

Positive Patty

So I promised you a more positive post.  Here goes.  What have I been up to other than paper chasing and real life?  Couponing and running! :)

Here is my teeny tiny stockpile.
 
I still have LOTS to learn about couponing and deals, but I'm already addicted to what I have accomplished.  I actually get all antsy on Sunday mornings to go get my deals!

As for running, Van and I have now been running for SEVEN MONTHS!  It was only at the very end of August that we ran 3.1 miles without stopping.  We've now done so a handful of times, so we just keep setting new goals for ourselves!  Our next 5k together is Saturday, Oct. 29 (Turkey Trot at MSU).  However, in a week I'm going to run my first solo 5k (while Elliott attempts his 1st 1 mile fun run!).  I am scared to death.

A few months ago someone asked me how I liked running.  And sometimes that answer is "I hate it."  But it's a very complicated relationship.  Well, lo and behold, Dooce summed it up perfectly: http://www.dooce.com/2011/09/20/its-going-so-well

And the choir says, "AMEN!"

No comments: