Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Pick up the phone! It's me calling!

My new sister-in-law's married name bears a shocking resemblance to my name as it was pre-marriage.  So when I put it in my phone, I made sure to add her maiden name also so it wouldn't look so odd to me.  You know, in case the phone should ring and I think my 1999 self were calling.  So in the "If I could write a letter to myself" style, what would my 1999 self be calling to say?  A few thoughts:
Wow, why are you so fat and out of shape?

What do you mean you have credit card debt?

YOU NO LONGER DRINK DR. PEPPER?!?
I see your housekeeping prowess hasn't improved.
Wait, you drive WHAT? (Contributed by Sara)
It is time to fully embrace reality.
What would YOUR 1999 self say to you?

Editor's note:
Leigh-Ann, my NABWW (New Age Barren Work Wife) says the following were missing:
How awesome is it to still be with the man you love? 
How does it feel to finally be a mom?
Do you enjoy being a homeowner?
Did you know you would love a work wife so much? ;)
Hmm, an optimist amongst us.

1 comment:

Kissey said...

i would tell me:

1) you have curly hair.
2) do NOT cut your hair senior year, no matter what you think. in fact, let it grow out starting now.
3) you're hot, but those chipmunk cheeks? they're here to stay.