Friday, February 25, 2011

Houston Day 4: The Wrap Up

Monday arrived with packing and getting ready.  My overindulgence from those cupcakes the night before was so great that I couldn't even partake of the muffins Erica had bought for us.  We just hung around, enjoying the last few hours together before heading off to another Michelle diamond-in-the-rough find.  She has a knack for picking really good restaurants...that are in icky strip malls.  Yummy Texas BBQ!

Leaving our Holly was sad, but we know that it is almost time for her to come home to MS.  Have I mentioned how incredibly proud of her we are?  Moving to a new (HUGE!) city by herself, living, driving...amazing.  Holly, believe the necklace - it is your time to shine! 

And after being chased all around Houston by Presidents Day sales - mattresses, everywhere! - I was excited to see when I got home that our (crappy) tax refund had gone up a smidge more.  Just enough to shut Doug up and get a new mattress in the next month. 

When I get pictures from the others (AHEM), I'll post them in an epilogue. 

As for now, signing off on our "Everything is Bigger in Texas" super fun weekend!

No comments: