Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Houston Day 2: Curly Hair in a Straight-Hair World

I began Saturday completely out of character: I tagged along with Michelle to workout and then resisted the amazing Randazzo king cake in lieu of a 90-calorie granola bar. (No worries, I consumed my fair share of that wonderful cake during the rest of the weekend.)  Then we headed to Erica's homeland: Sephora.  Y-A-W-N.  But I was a good sport; no complaining here.  After what seemed like eternity, we headed to eat Mexican food for lunch.  Sorry, Meal-Finding-Wonder-Girl, but that food was no better than what I eat in Point City.  At least it was cheap!

Holly took us on a driving tour of the amazing Houston medical conglomerate.  We kept our eyes peeled for a Jen sighting (from The Little Couple), but no dice.  We also saw the rehab facility where Gabby Giffords is being treated.  So sad; hoping her road to recovery is an amazing one!

Next up, more shopping.  All I remember is that by the time we were done my legs were very tired.  When we returned to the apartment, I laid out on the floor in the corpse pose forever.  Luckily our nighttime activity, previously a surprise, was a paint-your-own-palette class at Pinot's Palette (and a birthday present to Erica and me!).  I was very nervous because I'm not known to be the most creative or crafty girl.  However, open a bottle of wine and give me step-by-step instructions, and away we go!

Getting started:
Type A instruction follower:
[I made sure and left my mark on the apron - right on the boob.]

First 4 done:
Check out Michelle in the background being very contemplative:
The entire class, with me not even a tiny bit visible:
My final product!

After three hours, I was all, "Feed me, Seymour!"  We headed to Little Bigs, also co-owned by Caswell.  However, let the record show that it was not me who made this suggestion.  :)  It was muy delicioso!

That night, on the comfort of the sofa bed, Holly and I indulged in a walk down memory lane with the best giggle fest I've had in a long time.  It fed my soul.

No comments: