Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Food Fights

Once upon a time, in a land 1300 miles away, a precious little boy got a bit of a late start on solid food. He didn't start fruit until he was 5 months old and had never had cereal before. So once he arrived home, and after doing the cereal and fruit, then vegetable, thing for awhile, it was time to start the exciting meal baby food...which is about the time he decided to boycott baby food. I had a devil of a time figuring out what he could eat.

Yes, this cute little fella was a baby food boycotter.
Then, he went through a phase where he ate almost anything. I mean it, weird stuff included. And then he became picky. And I ABHOR picky. It absolutely infuriates me. I blame other kids at daycare. ;)

So all of that to say that I finally put this to the test last night:
(ignore the necklace)

Now, I had pulled the cauliflower-in-the-mashed-potatoes over on both him and Doug before. But this time, it was meatloaf with carrots, onions and celery in it. At first, he spotted a carrot. I feared the worst. But we ignored him, and he ate 95% of the veggie-infused meatloaf, along with the cauliflower potatoes and green beans. Not too shabby of a night!

More deceit to come!

1 comment:

Kasey said...

At least he will eat meatloaf. I have this book and Cael will not eat anything out of it so I can't trick him to eat veggies. He want eat bread or any meat except chicken and hot dogs ( if you can call that meat). It drives me crazy!!! I need help! He does eat fruit though. So I guess thats good.