Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Lunch Lessons

I found another breadcrumb on my path of self-discovery. I love to tell the story, as does my dad, about what I believe is the reason for my big love of fountain drinks. On rare occasions as kids when we went through a drive-thru, we could only get food not drinks. So now as an adult, I make up for that by getting the biggest drink.

I took my lunch to school for 99% of my K-12 career. Buying my lunch was a treat. And I vividly remember Heather W eating chicken strips and french fries EVERY DAY in 11th grade. And I ate a sandwich and chips almost every day. Then senior year, we had lunch privileges, i.e., we got to leave campus during lunch. And my friends and I would go hang out at my grandmother's house, and I would eat my packed lunch while Lucas would eat a BBQ cheeseburger from a shack and Heather W would eat a chicken-on-a-stick and caramel cake from the gas station.

Apparently I've been over-compensating for feeling left out. So, if I felt left out for 13 years, and now I've had 12 to make up for it, I should be almost even! :)

No comments: