Thursday, June 10, 2010

Feeling the Faith

So, I've been a bit bummed out lately. We cannot proceed with any forward steps with the adoption because we have no "start up" money saved. We are still chasing our debt snowball, and as mentioned previously, the ground I thought we were going to gain this fall got eaten up with things outside our control (tuition doubled). But last night I got a new balance transfer offer for no interest until next April. And today I crunched some numbers, and I think with this offer and our tax refund next year, our credit card debt will be cut in half in 10 months (half from this month, more from the beginning of the year)! Suddenly some of the weight lifted off me. I could again focus my eyes on putting one foot in front of the other and being dedicated and a good servant of my funds. Yes, I'm bummed that we will have to wait until at least the next calendar year to begin, but since I have not received any divine revelations about funding this adoption, I feel this is the best that can be done.

Shuffle, ball-change, shuffle step...FORWARD!

No comments: