Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Update

So, I've now been two entire months (March & April) without making a single (not 1!) charge to my credit card or any other kind of credit-based account. And February only sorta counts as the one charge I made was to pick up something for my mom, which she reimbursed me for and I paid right off. Still, I wish even that had not been necessary due to the leanness of the checking account. So, the last "Failure to plan is planning to fail" charges occurred in January. Those ridiculous charges included an oil change, a pharmacy pickup, and a textbook, to the tune of $172.75 total. Bleck. But, small progress is still progress. Baby steps forward as I continue to struggle with the monthly budget...

Remember that in these same months Doug has started a new (higher paying!) job, we have also made a large payment on said credit card, and we set up the emergency fund. And I'm starting to really dislike that emergency fund. Sitting there all smurky that I can't touch it. "Ooh, lookee here, I'm $1000 you cannot use!" Stupid emergency fund. And NO, that is not code for the universe to smack me with an emergency!

If you are driving out of state anytime soon, how about picking me up a lottery ticket?

No comments: