Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The Puzzle Master

I am beyond amazed at my baby's ability to complete puzzles, and I give full credit to his Granna for not only introducing him to puzzles but also for teaching him great puzzle strategy. The great things about puzzles are that they help build higher order thinking skills (and patience!), they are activities that we can do with him or he can do alone, and they are a quiet activity! We do like variety in our puzzles, so we have bought quite a few lately. Good thing Fred's and Dollar Tree both have great inexpensive -- and superhero! -- options! Though, I have to confess the best puzzle selection I have found is at Target. Here he is proudly showing off two 100-piece puzzles (age 5+). He soon after got a Spiderman one that is very similar, and for the first time this weekend he put that bad boy together all by himself!

He rocks.

1 comment:

Kissey said...

i heart puzzles. mom had one out at christmas, then had me come over to get something. i got more done in 15 minutes than she had in 2 weeks. i couldn't help myself, and she knew it.