Friday, May 14, 2010

Judgy-Wudgy Was a Bear

Last night was the end of year program at daycare.
Elliott, Dalton and Corgan's class performed to some Tiki Tiki song.

Where are Elliott and Dalton you may ask?

Aha!

Elliott wasn't feeling much like performing,
and the only reason he made it down the aisle to the stage
is because Ms. Terri carried him.

But it appears last night was an off night
as even Mr. Social himself (Dalton) was not in the spirit.

I know very well what was wrong with Elliott. He did not want to wear his swim trunks. But we made him because we get so tired of his dressing quirks. Well, MISTAKE. It ruined his whole night. He cried when we left him in his room before the program, and for the first time out of 5 programs he didn't participate. And I usually do not force him to do things that I don't think are overly important. He never wants to do dress up day at school. Ok, no big deal. But I think part of my subconscious thought last night was that other people think we aren't tough enough. You know, those people who think "you are the boss, parents, just make him." Well guess what. He's MY child, and I know best. Is it worth it to make a child so self-conscious/uncomfortable just because he is supposed to wear a certain costume? I think not.

Beware of this mama bear!

Here are pictures from last year's program for comparison.

2 comments:

Kasey said...

Until this year Connor never wanted to participate in his school programs and I never made him. But oh my word, Cael has volunteered to sing a duet with a little girl in his on thursday night. I am already nervous. Ha....

Chicken's Mom said...

LOVE it! These boys (shaking head and sighing)...