Monday, February 8, 2010

Ding, Dong, the Lupron's Gone!

I successfully completed 5 months of Lupron treatment. I decided not to do the 6th month since the shot went up considerably ($) in the new year and because I had a follow-up visit on the same day as I would have taken the 6th shot. Final tally: 2 irrational crying spells and lots of hot flashes. Not too shabby.

On the flip side of the coin, THE BEAST HAS AWOKEN, and the countdown has begun to the return of the awful. I was explaining to Doug how I could already feel the different badness components, and he asked me how it differed from the Lupron. Here is what I've decided.

Lupron is like emotions/symptoms in a vaccum -- isolated and therefore stronger. But each one pretty much takes its own turn. A period of crying. Six weeks of brutal hot flashes. It's like being loyal to one kind of alcohol, but drinking lots of it.

PMS, on the other hand, is like what stupid boys concoct on Spring Break -- a cooler full of all the leftover alcohol that should never be mixed. A guzzle of bitchy, a shot of depression, a jigger of crying, a slug of bloated, and half a fifth of pelvic pain, all combined with a pretty swizzle stick and chugged through a funnel.

My chocolate intake from this point on will be listed under medicinal.

No comments: